Making Memory/Fiddle quilts
Memory/Fiddle quilts need to be:
- Designed to include fabric and “fiddly bits” that will attract attention and prompt conversation
- Small enough to be portable
- Washable – or constructed so any bits that aren’t washable can be detached
For more details, see our printable tips sheet below
There are some pictures of examples on our Facebook page.
If you have a question or a tip please do get in touch Contact
You may already know someone who would benefit from having a quilt – if so you might find the POPP method (see Joan’s quilt below) helps you design it
If you are part of a group who wants to make several quilts you will need to find a care setting to donate them to. Whether you make the quilts or find the setting first is down to personal preference.
To find a care setting you can:
- Ask friends and family for suggestions
- Identify possibilities yourself through Internet search
- Pick the brains of the local dementia specialists.
For more details see our printable tip sheet below
How to make a quilt inspired by an individual
Inspired by Karen’s mother-in-law a lovely Yorkshire lady who died of vascular dementia- see how to design a quilt for a particular person via the link below